2020: A Year In Review
Happy 2021 everyone! 2020 was a crazy year for everyone – we all experienced our first (and second, and third) lockdown, navigated our way through a pandemic, and much more.
Despite the negatives the last year brought, the team at Nook Mortgages achieved many positives and hit some great milestones in 2020. We wanted to take some time to reflect on our achievements.
- In 2020 we trebled the number of clients that we helped compared to 2019! We worked with so many amazing people and found them the best mortgage and protection packages. We helped first time buyers secure their dream starter homes, home owners to move house and start their next chapter, or save money by remortgaging their property. We worked with families, couples, individuals to find them the best insurance packages to protect them from all eventualities.
- We launched a partnership with Wirral St John Hospice. A cause close to our hearts, we wanted to support this establishment in any way that we could. We helped them by collecting and donating pyjamas for patients, and making quarterly financial donations. Places like this really struggled throughout 2020 due to the pandemic, so we wanted to make sure we supported them as much as we could.
- When the coronavirus pandemic struck, we partnered with local restaurants such as Dodo Pizza and Wok and Go to deliver food to NHS and hospice staff in Wirral. We managed to raise funds to provide 5000 meals to key workers in the borough.
- The pandemic put a spanner in the works for many businesses, and unfortunately those in industries such as retail, hospitality, and leisure become unable to operate or greatly disrupted. Thankfully, we were able to continue with our services via zoom or telephone appointments, and we could carry on providing solutions for our clients.
- We are big football fans at Nook Mortgages (although some of us support opposing teams!) so in 2020 we decided to support a local kids football team to help our local community. We sponsored the JFC Greasby under 12’s – we met the whole team and were able to watch them kick their way to victory in a match that ended 6-2!
- In August, we signed and got the keys for our new office and officially established Nook HQ!
- August was a busy month, as it was also the time that we shot and released our Nook movie! We wanted to give our clients and prospective clients a visual snapshot of how we build relationships, deliver for our clients, and make their next chapter dreams a reality.
- In September, we hired our first employee, Ostin, who is our customers relations manager. Ostin works closely with lenders, solicitors, and our clients to provide a personalised, professional, and completely stress-free mortgage experience!
We ended 2020 in a record year, and looking back we are so proud of our achievements, and incredibly grateful for your support throughout these past 12 months. We are very much looking forward to seeing what 2021 has to bring for Nook Mortgages, and we are excited to help more people turn their next dream chapters into a reality!